Yay or nay?
1. When a boy who leaves goosebumps on every inch of your skin tries to play you his favorite song, don’t let him. He’ll get it stuck in your head and under your fingertips and when he leaves, you won’t be able to listen to it without feeling like you’re choking.
2. Don’t let him touch you all over no matter how much you want to feel him against you. Leave a few spots untouched so that when you’re sleeping alone again, at least your left wrist and an inch of your right hip won’t sting with the remaining burn of his mouth.
3. Don’t let him break your ribs.
4. Don’t watch the sunset with him. He’ll poison it. You won’t be able to look at the sky without swallowing a mouthful of him.
5. Don’t mistake wasps for butterflies. Sometimes when you feel your stomach flutter and your hands start to shake it’s pain, not love.
6. Just because he tells you he loves you doesn’t mean he’s going to stay.
7. It’s okay to delete his number after he kisses the pretty girl he met when he was drunk. It’s okay to leave when he hurts you. You don’t have to keep falling into him.
8. When he tells you that you’re beautiful, try to remember that you were beautiful before him too.
9. Just because he reads and smokes cigarettes and talks about the stars doesn’t mean he’s your soulmate.
10. After you kiss him, remember to wash your mouth out right away so he doesn’t burn into your tongue.
11. He’ll kiss you in the rain and take you to little coffee shops. He’ll brush your hair out of your eyes and kiss your nose. He’ll grab your waist and whisper in your ear but six months later you’ll find yourself drunk texting him that you miss him and he won’t respond.
12. Your heart is going to break a million times. It’s going to feel like the world is falling apart around you. Your lungs will stop working some nights. You find yourself grabbing at your bones trying to hold yourself together. You’re going to feel like you’re dying. It’s going to be okay. You’ll find someone else to kiss you goodnight."for future reference (via hefuckin)
I fall asleep above the blankets — and wake up above the blankets. I walk to work alone and watch movies alone and love love love love alone alone alone
Tug and war with the clouds!
———for where my dis-rhythmic heart belongs
there is a place in the ground
six feet below sore toes
———There’s a hole in my sleeve.
The city lights surrounding are *the un-oxygenated blue tint*
after breathing in the stop-light red of the sun.
Here is to all the holes and empty spaces
I wish I could stuff my whole heart in between
to feel a single pulse.
"Seeing someone reading a book you love is seeing a book recommending a person."Unknown (via misscouchpotato)
"Trees are poems the earth writes upon the sky,
We fell them down and turn them into paper,
That we may record our emptiness."Khalil Gibran, Poems
There is a smile
in an hour glass
I only watch
long enough for it not to last.
"I have fallen into poetry and it has swallowed me up."Keith Haring (via poetry-and-insomnia)
Shhh I hear you
I can recognize the silences of those
whom have been forecast as a human mess of weather.
Lightning heart —— electric pulse —— thunder mind ——-
———fingers fall like raindrops,
sometimes quiet, often lingering
Apologize only for tasting the electricity
buzz between clenched teeth
yet taking no courage to shock the world.
just by the change
of tone in your
be with someone
who loves the
you hate the most
fall in love with
looks at you and
knows they don’t
want anyone else
This hit hard. Thank you